Saturday, April 11, 2015

C4T #3

Post #1
The teacher that I commented on this week is Angela Maiers. The post that I commented on talks about a platform called Remind that allows faculty and staff to communicate with students and parents via their mobile devices. They have a new Chat feature that allows teacher to have a conversation with students and parents. The teacher can send out message reminders about school activities and a student or parent can immediately respond. The teachers can set limits on this feature, such as setting specific "office hours" during which they are available to talk.
My comment to this post said, "Hi Mrs. Maiers, My name is Kiyana and I attend the University of South Alabama taking the EDM 310 class. I really enjoyed reading your post about Remind. I have never heard of this program before. It sounds really interesting and sounds like a great way to better communicate with teachers, students and parents when they are not in school. I will be doing more research on this to learn more about it. Maybe in my future as a teacher I will use this program with my students."
Angela Maiers

Post #2
This week I commented on the same teacher, Angela Maiers. The post I commented on talked about how she finds the courage to write. Before she writes, she says, " To find the courage to write, I have to constantly reassure myself that I am good enough, that my writing is WOW - Worthy of the World." She posted a video of when she visited a classroom and talked to them about writing so that it is WOW. She then talks about a student from that particular class who understood her lesson and is now writing works that are WOW.
My comment to this post said, "This post is very inspirational. I am not a writer and don't really like writing at all. But after reading this I think that I may start writing and see if my work will be WOW. You and Walter are my inspiration to writing."

1 comment:

  1. Kiyanae
    Thank you so much for leaving a comment on Beth's student blog at our school in Taranaki, New Zealand. We really appreciate the feedback that our students receive and thank you for taking the time to leave a comment to encourage Bethany with her writing and her publishing.
    Mr Webb and Room Three, Auroa Primary School, Taranaki, New Zealand
    mrwebbauroa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete