Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Blog Post #3

Before watching these videos, I knew what peer editing was but I didn't know how to approach it and what to say while peer editing. These videos taught me a lot about how to better peer edit and what to look for.
Peer Editing is working with someone you own age, usually in your own class, to help improve, revise, and edit his/her writing. In order to better approach Peer Editing you need to follow three easy steps: Compliments, Suggestions and Corrections.
Step 1 Compliments: Always start with telling the writer what he/she did well.
Step 2 Suggestions: Give the writer specific ideas about how to make their writing better.
Step 3 Corrections: Check the author's writing for spelling, grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
These three steps is what I will use to peer edit my classmates in EDM 310. I will always stay positive and be specific when I comment on my peers posts, which is also the importance of peer editing. You always want to make sure that you stay positive and be specific while peer editing.

Peer Editing

2 comments:

  1. Good post, but a little brief. Make you sure follow all instructions and go into more detail on what you have learned :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked your post! It was a little brief, but I enjoyed the post. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete